I woke up today and decided it was a perfect day to organize the pantry.  Things were getting a little out of control …  bags of flours all over the place, and I couldn't find anything!  I was trying to make some muffins, and honestly just the sight of this stressed me out!

This shelf mainly was the main source of my stress.

m_IMG_6610

Here is the pantry as a whole:

m_IMG_6611

And the door.  As you can see, I was partly organized …

m_IMG_6612

Just needed a little help!  I really really really hate seeing "bags" of stuff.  All the gluten free flours I use (mainly from Bob's Red Mill) – I tried to keep them organized in "piles", but it was so hard to know what was in there, and what I was running low on!

So while the coffee brewed, I started removing everything!  Plus, I never had really de-glutenized my pantry, so there were things in there that I knew I would never eat again. Taking up valuable real estate!

I set aside everything I knew I was never going to use, and decided to donate it to the local food bank!

I decided to use more of my canning jars to get everything out of those bags!

Filling jars --  that would be quinoa all over the place!  That stuff is so tiny and messy!!

m_IMG_6698

It took me pretty much all morning, but I'm loving how it looks now!

Top shelf – sweeteners, canned items, and jars of dried beans.

m_IMG_6699

Middle shelf – oils, baking goods, nut butters, and dried fruit. In the bottom right (a container of green beans) is mung beans.  I have no idea what to do with them!!  Any ideas??  It was one of those – "ohhh that sounds like fun" purchases probably over a year ago.

m_IMG_6700

Lower shelf – ahhhh all organized!  I labeled the lids with what is in each jar.

m_IMG_6701

And, the floor – the box on the top shelf is not oranges, but rather potatoes!  My crock pots, strainers, and the dog food!  Yes, I kept the open bag of whole wheat flour, and some white flour behind it.  I'll have to figure out what to do with that!  Oh yes – and the fire extinguisher.  Very important!

m_IMG_6702

Finally, the door to the pantry!

m_IMG_6703

As you can see, I love collecting all types of glass jars!

So much better!  I love having an organized kitchen – it makes me feel more at home, and so much easier to find everything!

Now, the cabinets are next on my list!