I go through phases where I just want to eat snacks, and not real meals.

Snacks work good for me, so I can eat little meals throughout the day and not eat of ton of food.

Yum!

m_IMG_6709-1

I first saw this recipe here.  While these appetizers looked fantastic, I wanted to know what the sauce was!  I guess I am more of a condiment girl.

I thought about making a plum sauce to go with this, but eventually decided on a cherry sauce!  I was thinking fruity would go good with the chicken.

m_IMG_6744-3

After a few failed attempts, I settled on this sauce.  Sweet, yet salty!

Sweet and Salty Cherry Dipping Sauce

Print this recipe!

1 lb fresh (or frozen) cherries, pitted

1/2 cup orange juice

1/2 cup soy sauce

1/4 cup brown sugar

1/4 cup honey

1 inch cube of fresh ginger, peeled and chopped

1 clove garlic, peeled and smashed

Place all ingredients in a blender and puree until smooth.  If the cherries were frozen, you may want to heat the sauce up before serving, otherwise serve at room temperature.

m_IMG_6731-5

Bacon and Chicken Bites

Adapted from Skinny Taste, recipe found here

1 lb chicken breast, cubed

6-8 slices bacon

Preheat oven to 350.

Cube the chicken breast into smallish cubes – 1 inch works well.  The chicken I bought was pre-sliced, so my chicken pieces were a little thinner.

Cut each strip of bacon into 5 pieces --- about 2 inches long each.

Wrap each cube of chicken in a piece of bac on, and insert a toothpick to hold it together.

Place on a baking sheet.  Repeat for each piece of chicken.

m_IMG_6696

Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 20-25 minutes.

Remove from baking sheet and blot any access grease off and let cool slightly.

Serve with the dipping sauce!

m_IMG_6736-2

Get ready to snack away!