Today, while at the grocery store, my husband and I decided we wanted to make some salsa.

Random.

We were just walking through the aisles, and decided salsa sounded good! I decided to make a fruity salsa, and a tomato based salsa!  This was rather spur of the moment, so I just went with what sounded good!

I knew I had some kiwi's at home, and got a mango to go with it.  We also saw some grapes, and I thought that would go well with it!

Then, I figured tomatoes, cilantro, lime and jalapeno would make a good tomato salsa.

Showdown starts now!

Girl's Choice:

m_IMG_6633-2

Kiwi-Mango-Grape Salsa

Adapted from How Sweet It Is

Print this recipe!

2 kiwi's, peeled and chopped

1 cup seedless red grapes

1 mango, peeled, seed removed and chopped

1/4 of a large red onion, chopped

1/4 cup cilantro leaves

1 lime, juice and zest

Cut the kiwis and mango.

Mango slicer to the rescue!  I love this thing!

m_IMG_6619

Leave the grapes whole – just remove from the stem.  Oh yeah – and make sure you use seedless grapes!

m_IMG_6620

Place all ingredients in a food processor and pulse carefully.

m_IMG_6621

Leave this as chunky or as smooth as you would like.

Add salt to taste.

m_IMG_6641-3

Boy's Choice:

m_IMG_6667-8

Tomato and Bean Salsa

Print this recipe!

6 roma tomatoes, diced, or about 3 cups diced tomatoes

1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped

1/4 cup cilantro leaves

1/4 cup red onion, chopped

1 lime, zest and juice

1 can pinto beans, drained and rinsed (or 1 1/2 cups pinto beans)

In the food processor, add all the ingredients.  Pulse to combine ingredients. Leave this as chunky or as smooth as you would like.

Add salt to taste.

m_IMG_6675-9

Side by side!

m_IMG_6689-11

His favorite was the tomato salsa; mine was the fruit!

m_IMG_6682-10

Originally – on the tomato salsa – I was going to keep 1/2 the beans whole, and puree only 1/2 of them.  But I think I liked it all pureed together!  Since it was slightly chunky, there were some whole beans in there.

Both were really good!  Of course the chips are Food Should Taste Good Sweet Potato tortilla chips – our favorite!

Question:  Do you ever decide to make something while at the grocery store?