I'm a huge fan of breakfast.  Although I can't eat right when I get up …  I need a little time to wake up!

This helps …

m_IMG_6779

Gorgeous sunrise!  Love those snow topped mountains!

I posted one of my buckwheat bakes here.  I love buckwheat because it is gluten free, but very filling. I buy the raw buckwheat groats and grind them in my food processor.  Here is what they look like …

m_IMG_6799-2

Kind of brownish/greenish, and a triangle shape.

Oh – and this smells so good baking in the oven!

m_IMG_6827-2

Apple Buckwheat Bake

Serves 1

Adapted from here

Print this recipe!

2 tbsp raw buckwheat groats, ground fine

1 tbsp amaranth seeds

1 tbsp chia seeds

1 tbsp ground flax seeds

1/4 tsp baking powder

1/8 tsp salt

1/4 tsp Chinese 5 Spice Powder (or cinnamon)

1/2 banana, mashed

1/2 apple, seeds removed and diced (leave the peel on the apple)

1/3 cup unsweetened almond milk

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.  In a bowl, mix together the dry ingredients.  Add the mashed banana, diced apple, and milk.  Mix well.

Grease an oven safe bowl with nonstick spray.  Spoon the mixture into the bowl.

Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.

Cool, and remove from the bowl.

I love these because I can make them in advance, and take them to work with me.  Or, just eat them on a relaxed weekend morning!

Here it is before I put it in the oven -

m_IMG_6794-1

And after done baking!

m_IMG_6820-1

Add any toppings you would like – I added some jam and sliced almonds. Or add some honey if you like it a little sweeter!

m_IMG_6833-3