I have been making this kahlua at home for a while.  it is so easy, and so delicious!

I love that you can flavor it however you want – I like to use vanilla vodka and vanilla flavored coffee, but you can use whatever you want!  Hazelnut would be really good … I'm thinking I might try that next!

m_IMG_6339-4

Homemade Kahlua

Adapted from here

Print this recipe!

3 cups strong brewed coffee

3 cups sugar (I like to use Stevia)

3 cups vodka

Combine the coffee and sugar in a saucepan over medium heat.  Heat until the sugar dissolves – 5-10 minutes.

Let cool, and place in a glass covered container.  Add the vodka.

Store in the refrigerator.

I like to keep it in this container with a dispenser which makes it easy-peasy to serve!

m_IMG_6334-6

My favorite way to drink this is with unsweetened vanilla almond milk.  Something about the creaminess of the almond milk with this tastes so good!  I usually do about 2 ounces of kahlua …

m_IMG_6335-2

.. And then add 6 ounces of milk – I love the swirls!

m_IMG_6337-3

Or how about a frozen mudslide – 2/3 cup kahlua with some ice cream, blended until smooth.  Yum!

Cake vodka is on my list to try in kahlua as well….

m_IMG_6345-1