get paid 3% daily up to 150% for 50 days. no sponsoring requirements. earn upto $10,000 /position get paid 3% daily up to 150% for 50 days. no sponsoring requirements. earn upto $10,000 /position get paid 3% daily up to 150% for 50 days. no sponsoring requirements. earn upto $10,000 /position

Wednesday 28 December 2011

Quick and Easy Cheap and Healthy Top 11 Posts of 2011

Quick and Easy Cheap and Healthy Top 11 Posts of 2011

Link to Quick and Easy Cheap and Healthy

Top 11 Posts of 2011

Posted: 27 Dec 2011 07:21 PM PST

Thank you for subscribing to Quick and Easy Cheap and Healthy! Treat yourself this Christmas to sweet little healthy goodies. Click here now for your free copy of Healthy Holidays, Slightly Indulgent Sweet Treats!

So here are my favorite posts of the year, in no particular order (well, except perhaps chronological):

(Click on the picture to see the post.)

Labor and Delivery: The "QECH" Way

I bet you’ve never heard labor and delivery described as “Quick and Easy Cheap and Healthy”. But in this post, I explain how it makes perfect sense. And how labor and delivery without an epidural or any other pain medication or anesthesia is truly Quick, Easy, Cheap and Healthy. People, that’s how I roll, in all areas of life. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A Lifetime of Love

I don’t often get the chance to be mushy and gushy here on QECH, so I grabbed the opportunity when I could. For Valentine’s Day this year, I managed to write a post to honor not only my own personal sweetheart (otherwise known as DH here on the blog), but my grandmother and late grandfather as well. And if you’re really brave, you can listen to an audio recording of me and my DH singing a song written for our wedding.

 

 

 

 

Powdered-Sugar-Free Frosting #5 for Anniversary #5

Prepare yourself for even more gushiness! My next favorite post was written for the occasion of our fifth anniversary, and features a dee-vine recipe for Caramel Buttercream Frosting. So if you don’t like the mushy stuff, just skip on down to the recipe.

 

 

 

 

 

 

The more I putter around the kitchen, the more the process of cooking becomes demystified for me. I learn as I go, and it gets easier as I go. This is my first of the “1-2-3!” series that breaks basic foods down to a formula to help you master the basics in the kitchen.

 

 

 

 

 

Coconut Lime Mousse, aka "Heaven in a Cup"

This is a favorite post of mine because the Coconut Lime Mousse recipe was a major triumph for me! I took a fake-food recipe and turned it into a real food celebration of deliciousness. It’s pretty much the yummiest thing I’ve ever eaten. And it’s quick. It’s easy. It’s cheap. It’s healthy.

 

 

 

 

 

Retro Week: Story Time

So this might be cheating, because it’s a re-post of one I had written a couple years ago. But it’s one of my all-time favorites, and I’m including it in this list, so there! It explains my balanced philosophy of healthy eating in a (kind of big) nutshell. More people should read this post, so you’ll probably see it popping up here and there throughout the life of this blog!

 

 

 

 

 

How to Make the Most of Your Grocery Budget Dollars

Since embarking on the adventure of Once-A-Month-(Grocery)Shopping (OAMS), I’ve noticed a lot of people are intrigued by the concept and interested in trying it out. This post details how to just jump into the whole process and get started on your own monthly shopping cycle.

 

 

 

 

 

 

pumpkins spice everything nice

Attune Foods Cooking Challenge, and Pumpkin Ice Cream Pie with Crispy Cocoa Crust

Most of the time, the recipes I post on this blog are adaptations of recipes from others’ recipes, and I just evaluate them as to whether or not they meet my qualifications (you know, if they’re QECH or not). Occasionally, though, I dream up stuff from scratch, and this is one of my top favorites! It was a runner-up in Attune Foods’ cooking contest in October!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

cardamom orange coffee to go

Cardamom Orange Coffee {to go}

This one is very recent, but it made the list because I think it is super creative. Not my creativity, of course, that would be someone else’s. I just take other people’s creativity and run with it. And because I love coffee! There has to be a representation of coffee on this list!

 

 

 

 

 

Trader Joe's

5 Gifts for 5 Hard-to-Gift People for Under $5 - all at Trader Joe's

I asked my DH which of my posts this year was his favorite, and he picked this one, because, and I quote, “It’s humorous.” That’s a mild understatement, folks. I get downright slap-happy towards the end. You have been warned.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Share this:
Share this page via Email Share this page via Stumble Upon Share this page via Digg this Share this page via Facebook Share this page via Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment