Happy Monday!  I hope you had a fabulous Christmas Day with the people most special to you.

Mulled Wine --  I thought it was interesting what Wikipedia had to say about it!  Every country has a different idea of what mulled wine should be, it seems.  I just warmed wine with some spices.  Delicious!

Note:  This recipe can be doubled or tripled as you like.    Since it was just me drinking the wine, I made this with just one bottle.  :)

m_IMG_5715-1

Mulled Wine

Print this recipe!

1 bottle red wine

1/4 cup brandy

2 oranges

10-15 whole cloves

1 inch nub of fresh ginger root, peeled and sliced

Open the bottle of wine and pour into the crock pot, along with 1/4 cup brandy.

This was the wine I used.

IMG_5667-10

With one of the oranges, peel off the orange peel with a vegetable peeler.  Place the peel in the crock pot.  Juice the orange, and pour that juice into the crock pot.

On the second orange, poke the cloves into the orange, and place in the crock pot.

IMG_5672-11

Isn't it so pretty?  :)  I found it was easier when I poked a hole in the orange with a knife, and then put the clove in.

Peel the ginger, and slice thinly.  Add to the crock pot.

Place the crock pot on low, and let it slowly heat the wine.  You aren't cooking anything, just heating the wine and letting the flavors build, so you can let this go as long (or short) as you would like.

This is the perfect Christmas drink, because you can drink it all day long  :)

m_IMG_5711-2

If you like your wine sweeter, you can add sugar or honey to this.  I though mine was perfect without any extra sugar.

Happy holidays!  Bring on the last week of 2011!