I have been always cautious about recommending natural beauty products, and I always recommend triple-checking the ingredients list.Not many companies are consistently green in their offerings, and I sadly have to add Kiss My Face to the list of greenwashers - brands that pretend to make natural and green beauty products which are in fact loaded with synthetics.

Unfortunately, I recommended a Kiss My Face product in my book, THE GREEN BEAUTY GUIDE - and I am now calling back that recommendation. No more Kiss My Face for me.

Just because a company makes a nice natural insect repellant, it doesn't automatically mean their moisturizers and shampoos are just as good.

olive soapLast night I received an email from my reader where she said she noticed that Kiss My Face has "fragrance" listed among the ingredients in their Lavender Olive Soap. When the woman emailed the company, they told her exactly the following:

"Our Olive Oil Soaps contain phthalate free scents that are blends of natural (essential oils) and synthetic components" (highlighted by me - J.G.)

"As a company that has been around for 25 years, our Olive Oil soaps are our flagship product, the very first we ever offered. Although we have experimented with switching to natural scents in this product, we have found it difficult to accomplish. The potent, natural smell of the olive oil is difficult to scent naturally. The word fragrance correctly refers to both natural and synthetic in packaging regulations. In fact when labeled correctly, the terms "essential oil, floral water, natural fragrance, essence of, etc" are not even allowed!" Read more of this post