I am so excited – I am off work for the rest of the year!

Yes – I know that is only a couple of days, but I don't have to go back until 2012!!  Who hoo!  Time to start preparing for New Years Eve!

I love Buffalo Chicken Sandwiches.  I remember at one of my old jobs, we would order from Chili's on a weekly basis– and I would always always get the buffalo chicken sandwich!  When I became more interested in what I was putting in my body, and found out how high in calories that sandwich was, I stopped having it!  LOL!  I would always get extra ranch sauce and hot sauce on the side for dipping!  Mmmm!

When I started losing weight, my philosophy was that I wanted to still enjoy the foods I loved, but find healthier ways to still have them.  There was the grilled chicken sandwich with hot sauce and ranch to compensate for the Chili's sandwich.  Since I was more into the sauces than the piece of meat, that really didn't bother me!

This dip captures all those fabulous flavors.  I could eat it with a spoon!

m_IMG_5796-1

Buffalo Chicken Dip

Print this recipe!

Serves 8-10

2 –  8oz packages cream cheese, softened

1/2 cup blue cheese salad dressing

1/2 cup ranch salad dressing

1 cup Frank's Red Hot Wing Sauce

3 boneless skinless chicken breasts, poached and shredded

1 cup cheddar cheese

Preheat oven to 350.

Place the chicken breasts in a medium saucepan and cover with water.  Add 1/2 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp fresh ground pepper.  Bring water to a boil, and poach chicken for 15-20 minutes.  Drain water and let cool slightly.

In a large bowl, combine the softened cream cheese, the blue cheese and ranch salad dressings, and the Hot Wing Sauce.  With a hand mixer, mix well until the mixture is smooth and creamy.

In a food processor, shred the chicken breasts.  Cut the chicken in pieces, and place in food processor.  Process just a few pulses – only until the chicken is in small pieces.  Add to the cream cheese mixture.

Place in an oven safe baking dish.  Sprinkle the top with the cheddar cheese.  Bake 15-20 minutes, or until the mixture is melt-y, warm and bubbly.

Serve with tortilla chips, bread, or vegetables.

m_IMG_5801-3

Look Ma, vegetables!

m_IMG_5805-4