When I saw these chocolate quinoa crepes, it was only a matter of time before I tried them.  I love that it doesn't use a lot of quinoa flour, and they are so light!  Sometimes pancakes can be too carby for me, but these were thin and delicious!

m_IMG_5320

I think these would be good as sweet or savory!  Or even in manicotti!  I decided to try an eggnog version.  I recently tried some So Delicious eggnog, and am in love!!

m_IMG_5407

The eggnog perfectly flavored the crepes.  They are festive, and a quick breakfast!

m_IMG_5396

Quinoa Eggnog Crepes

Print this recipe!

1/3 cup quinoa flour

3 tbsp ground flax seed + 6 tbsp warm water

1 tbsp coconut oil, liquefied

1/2 cup eggnog

dash of salt

Preheat a small skillet over medium low heat.  In a small bowl, combine the flax seed and warm water.  Let sit for a few minutes to thicken.  In the meantime, add the quinoa to a medium sized bowl.  Add the flax mixture and mix well.  Add the liquefied coconut oil, eggnog, and salt.  Mix well.

You can thin the batter by adding more eggnog, or make it more like pancakes by adding less eggnog.

Grease the skillet with a little coconut oil.  Cook the crepes by pouring 3-4 tbsp at a time on the skillet.  Let cook 1.5 – 2 minutes, and flip to cook the other side.  Cook another 1-2 minutes.

Remove to a plate, and cook up the rest of the crepes.

Top with your favorite toppings – I used chopped walnuts, blueberries, and some plain yogurt.

m_IMG_5400

I also added some apricot ginger jam.  Yum!

m_IMG_5406