get paid 3% daily up to 150% for 50 days. no sponsoring requirements. earn upto $10,000 /position get paid 3% daily up to 150% for 50 days. no sponsoring requirements. earn upto $10,000 /position get paid 3% daily up to 150% for 50 days. no sponsoring requirements. earn upto $10,000 /position

Wednesday 22 August 2012

Mom on the Run

Mom on the Run


When the Crock Pot Goes Right: Mexican Style

Posted: 21 Aug 2012 04:42 AM PDT

 Today was my first day back to work after a nice long 7 week summer vacation. I am a bit traumatized both by last nights crock pot disaster and the idea of work. Last night I thought long and hard about what I was going to make tonight and I knew there was no way that I would want to cook. I knew another crock pot meal was the way to go. Instead of trusting an unknown recipe source I decided to go with great recipe blogger, Gina from Skinny Taste. I was so glad I did. This dish was amazing. No weird smells or taste for this one.

Mexican Slow Cooked Pork Carnitas

DSC02842

By: Skinny Taste

Ingredients:
2.5 lb pork shoulder blade roast, lean
6 cloves garlic, cut into sliver
cumin
dry adobo seasoning (I used Goya)
garlic powder
3/4 cup 99% fat free chicken broth
2-3 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce (to taste)
2 bay leaves

Directions:
DSC02825

Season pork with salt and pepper. In a medium sauté pan on medium-high heat, brown pork on all sides for about 10 minutes.

DSC02830

Remove from heat and allow to cool. Using a sharp knife, insert blade into pork, cutting small holes and insert garlic slivers. Season porkgenerously with cumin, adobo and garlic powder all over.
DSC02831

Pour chicken broth in the crockpot, add bay leaves and chipotle peppers. Place pork in crock pot and cover. Cook low for 8 hours.

DSC02842

After 8 hours, shred pork using two forks and combine well with the juices that accumalated at the bottom. Remove bay leaves and adjust salt and cumin (you will probably need to add more). Let it cook another 15-30 minutes.

DSC02844

We made carnita tacos with the meat. DELISH!!! The whole family enjoyed putting there favorite taco toppings and creating their own culinary masterpieces.

I am so tired!!! Need to get some sleep and recharge for tomorrow Smile

4c3050b6_thumb1_thumb_thumb_thumb1_t[3]

No comments:

Post a Comment