get paid 3% daily up to 150% for 50 days. no sponsoring requirements. earn upto $10,000 /position get paid 3% daily up to 150% for 50 days. no sponsoring requirements. earn upto $10,000 /position get paid 3% daily up to 150% for 50 days. no sponsoring requirements. earn upto $10,000 /position

Monday 16 July 2012

Quick and Easy Cheap and Healthy Busy Preserving, No Time to Cook!

Quick and Easy Cheap and Healthy Busy Preserving, No Time to Cook!

Link to Quick and Easy Cheap and Healthy

Busy Preserving, No Time to Cook!

Posted: 15 Jul 2012 06:07 PM PDT

menu plan mondayMenu Plan Monday

Did you catch my announcement about the new direction my blog will be taking soon? It’s exciting news, and you won’t want to miss it.

In other news… it’s been preservation city around here lately. Over the weekend, I:

  • made a batch of jam
  • made a batch of pickles
  • pureed and froze tomatoes for future tomato sauce
  • cooked and froze 2 whole chickens
  • froze a peck of green beans

I still need to grate some zucchini and put it in the freezer, but I will have to get to that tomorrow.

Breakfasts

Lunches

  • Leftovers
  • Sunbutter & Jelly Sandwiches
  • Nitrate-Free Lunchmeat Sandwiches
  • Egg Salad Sandwiches

Dinners 

  • Baked Potatoes w/ Tangy Yogurt Chicken, Steamed Carrots
  • Chicken, Ricotta & Basil Pizza, Watermelon
  • Eggs, Bacon, and Spelt Biscuits
  • Tuna Salmon Pasta Salad, Fresh Fruit
  • Grilled Cheese on Sourdough Bread, Carrot Sticks

Snacks

  • Nuts, Cranberries
  • Popcorn

In My Kitchen Today

  • Sourdough Bread
  • Coconut Milk
  • Coconut Milk Yogurt
  • Grate & Freeze Zucchini

Thank you for subscribing to Quick and Easy Cheap and Healthy! Here's your free copy of Spring Into Smoothies All Summer Long. Enjoy!

Big Changes Here at QECH!

Posted: 15 Jul 2012 05:48 PM PDT

For a long time now, I’ve felt kind of smothered in a way by the niche I’ve created for myself here at Quick and Easy Cheap and Healthy. Oh, I still like to do things the “QECH” way… but I’ve found that “QECH” is pretty much my approach to life, and not just food. 

I don’t have a lot of time, so I tend to gravitate towards the fastest method that produces the best results. Like 5-minute Artisan Bread. Or my housekeeping schedule.

I like to think that I’m efficient, but the truth is that I’m just lazy. Hence, I try to find the easiest way to get things done, whether it’s laundry or homemade yogurt.

Above all, I am cheap, and I’m always looking for the most cost-effective way to get what I need. That’s why I’m always writing about stuff like 7 Ways to Use Over-Ripe Bananas or how to make Something from Nothing. And that’s why I buy clothes at thrift stores and off clearance racks.

And I try to do it all without compromising mine and my family’s health, which is no mean feat, let me tell you!

All of those tendencies culminated in my most recent project – Your Grocery Budget Toolbox – but there’s still more I want to write about, more I want to share.

Like how I make simple non-toxic cleaners for every room in my house.

Or how I keep (or don’t keep) my sanity with a pre-schooler and a toddler underfoot.

Or how I re-purpose items around the house and turn them into something new, which is a total win-win: something saved from the trash, and something gained with little-to-no cost!

So… my blog is going to be changing a little. Broadening the scope of its horizons and reach. Extending the borders a little.

It’s going to have a new name: Authentic Simplicity.

It’s going to have a new (but familiar) focus: living simply without sacrificing authenticity .

It’s going to be streamlined with four basic categories: on the Table, at Home, in the Budget, and from my Heart. 

It’s going to be beautiful with a fresh new theme and design.

It’s going to be awesome!

So don’t worry if you keep noticing little changes here and there. Hopefully, by the beginning of September, Quick and Easy Cheap and Healthy will have completed its transformation into Authentic Simplicity, but there will probably be bumps along the way. Stay with me as we make the progression, and I apologize in advance for any hiccups!

Thank you for subscribing to Quick and Easy Cheap and Healthy! Here's your free copy of Spring Into Smoothies All Summer Long. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment