get paid 3% daily up to 150% for 50 days. no sponsoring requirements. earn upto $10,000 /position get paid 3% daily up to 150% for 50 days. no sponsoring requirements. earn upto $10,000 /position get paid 3% daily up to 150% for 50 days. no sponsoring requirements. earn upto $10,000 /position

Tuesday 5 June 2012

Quick and Easy Cheap and Healthy SRC: Avocado Ranch Pizza Sauce

Quick and Easy Cheap and Healthy SRC: Avocado Ranch Pizza Sauce

Link to Quick and Easy Cheap and Healthy

SRC: Avocado Ranch Pizza Sauce

Posted: 04 Jun 2012 09:00 AM PDT

Chicken Pizza with Avocado Ranch Sauce

Whew! I’ve got a lot going on around the blog here today. If you missed it earlier this morning, the first post in my 5 Days with Whole Wheat Series went live: it’s all about the different types of wheat and wheat flours available on the market today, as well as their different uses and purposes. And I’ve got a great giveaway that’s still open: win a gallon of Tropical Traditions Coconut Chips!

It’s also the first Monday of the month, and you know what that means! Secret Recipe Club Reveal Day!

Secret Recipe Club

This month, I had the privilege of browsing through The Cookin’ Chemist’s great selection of recipes. (You know what’s funny? Almost a year ago, The Cookin’ Chemist had ME in the Secret Recipe Club, and she made my Springy Casserole. Check out her rendition here: A Springy Casserole.) If you are looking to make something for dinner that goes beyond the typical ho-hum, Tessa’s got you covered! From stromboli to runzas to tortas to squash bowls, she’s got an intriguing collection of lunch and dinner recipes.

As it happens, I was indeed looking for a creative recipe for dinner when I was assigned The Cookin’ Chemist for SRC. Since it was pizza night, I wanted a fun yummy pizza using ingredients I had on hand. Tessa did not disappoint! I soon found her recipe for Chicken & Avocado Pizza and immediately chose that one. 

I am not afraid to experiment with my pizza a little, but my DH is another story. Give him a Meatitarian Pizza and he’s a happy happy man. Guacamole Pizza? Not so much. I had to dress up the “mock-guac”, as Tessa called it, a little to make it more palatable to his conditioned taste buds… and it worked! Instead of a guacamole-flavored sauce, I ended up with more like an Avocado Ranch dressing; it was perfect, and even my DH said it was pretty good. We will definitely be making this again!



Tessa used tomatoes in her original recipe, which would be delicious, but I didn’t have any on hand and my DH can’t have them anyway. I did sprinkle a few chopped red onions on my half of the pizza, and they added some great complementary flavor!

This pizza sauce is one of the QUICKest you’ll ever make.

And it’s pretty EASY, too.

It’s CHEAP when avocados are in season. Or if you get them at Harris Teeter where they are always $1.47 for a package of two.

Avocados are full of HEALTHY fats, and of course, they are a fruit/vegetable, so it counts for one of your 5-9 servings a day. On pizza, no less!

Want to join in the fun? Read all about the Secret Recipe Club and how to join.

And for all you friendly folks visiting from the SRC link-up, if you like what you see, consider subscribing! (Subscribers get a free gift, so it’s totally worth it!)



Thank you for subscribing to Quick and Easy Cheap and Healthy! Here's your free copy of Spring Into Smoothies All Summer Long. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment